When and Where:
Fridays 9:50-12:15 at Teaching Bldg. 12-423, Yuquan Campus
Xin Wan (Teaching Bldg. 12-516)
Qijin Chen (Teaching Bldg. 12-406)
Advanced statistical physics is one of the basic courses for graduate students.
The course starts from a review of basic ideas in thermodynamics and statistical mechanics.
The main topics are phase transitions, quantum statistical mechanics and applications.
Quantum mechanics and statistical mechanics
- [EB] E. Brezin, Introduction to Statistical Field Theory, Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- [NG] N. Goldenfeld, Lectures on Phase Transitions and the Renormalization Group, Westview Press, 1992.
- [MK] M. Kardar, Statistical Physics of Particles, Cambridge University Press, 2007.
- [WDM] W. D. McComb, Renormalization Methods, Oxford University Press, 2004.
- [MS] D. C. Mattis and R. H. Swendsen, Statistical Mechanics made Simple, 2nd ed., World Scientific, 2008.
Last updated on April 5, 2019 by WAN Xin